Key Event Timings
Key Event Timings for The Vistra Bloodwise Jersey Kids’ Triathlon 2018
Please note that Race briefing times are approximate and all timings are subject to change on the day
12.00 Registration opens
Please make your way to the event marquee in the field near the Transition areas to register, collect your race number bib and free event t-shirt.
Please use this time to walk the course and view the transition areas.
Important Note: Due to large entry numbers, only years 6, 7 & 8 should rack their bike in Transition 1 on arrival. Please note that due to the expected large entry numbers on the day, all other age groups should only rack their bikes when asked to by the announcer or a race official.
(For detailed event information and course maps please refer to the ‘Race Information Packs for your age category)
Available for parents, family and friends supporting on the day in 2017 was:
Entertainment to be confirmed for 2018.
- Food & drink caterer area with seating
- Three different Bouncy Castles – pay per play
- Face Painter – pay on the day for your favourite face!
- Creeate Charity Stall – selling unique kids gifts
- Jersey Triathlon Club – speak to the team about becoming a Junior Tristar Member and also sign up at the discounted rate for the Junior event at the main Jersey Triathlon event on Sunday 1 July 2018.
- States Of Jersey bike security marking – It only takes 5 minutes to have your bike marked permanently with a tamper proof serial number.
- Bloodwise cake stall – Treat yourself to a cake and help Bloodwise to raise some valuable funds.
12.45 Race Briefing for years 6,7 & 8 – followed by race start in the pool – listen out for instructions from the announcer.
13.15 Race Briefing for years 4 & 5 – followed by race start in the pool – listen out for instructions from the announcer. Please note that due to large entry numbers in this age category, boys and girls will start at two separate times.
14.35 Race Briefing for years 2 & 3 – followed by race start in the pool – listen out for instructions from the announcer. Please note that due to large entry numbers in this age category, boys and girls will start at two separate times.
15.45 Estimated finish time for all kids
16.00 Prize giving Ceremony
- Presentation of trophy to School with highest number of entries pro-rata
- Presentation of trophy to person who has raised the most funds for Bloodwise
- Grand Prize Draw – race numbers drawn at random (Lots of prizes to be won, but you must be in attendance to claim your prize!)
16.15 End of day
Parking on the Day
Given the high number of kids taking part in the event, we are expecting the Les Quennevais Sports Centre Car Park to be extremely busy. Please arrive early and allow time to find a parking space. The event overflow car park is located at Les Quennevais School, once parked there you can reach the event by crossing (on foot) over the railway walk.
We thank Les Quennevais School for supporting the event.